Most real estate agents can tell you that there is nothing more inviting to potential home buyers than natural wood kitchen cabinets, because they bring a feeling of appeal and charm into any kitchen. There are many other advantages of hardwood kitchen cabinets.
Advantages of Solid Wood Cabinets
1. Natural wood cabinets go with any kitchen style. You’ll discover certain practices relating to the woods and finishes most often used in many different kitchen designs, along with traditions about cabinet door styles. For instance, a darker timber like ebony, mahogany or cherry is best suited in a conventional, country or eclectic style kitchen. It would rarely be used in latest styles.
2. Wood cabinets are sturdy and hard-wearing. Wood base cabinets will effortlessly support almost any counter top material, including stone (granite, slate, marble, or concrete), and they hold up well under heavy use, in addition to steam and heat. Most small dings, dents or scuff marks can be simply fixed. With time, wood should be re-finished, fixed, cleaned and even, painted or stained.
3. Wood made cabinets are clearly better than any material which happens to be MDF or veneered. Cabinets which were made with glue have to be cautiously maintained for the reason that glue shall be weakened by the moisture after a while and the laminate or veneer will begin to curl or peel. Hardwood won’t curl or peel.
4. Real wood kitchen cabinets are available in a wide range of wood selections and stains, allowing a homeowner to buy the color and wood that best complement the look and decor of their home. Many woods can certainly be completed in different ways to create a unique surface.
5. Wood cabinets are safe. Unlike metal cabinets, there isn’t anything in wood cabinets that can chemically affect the food kept in them.
6. Wood kitchen cabinets don’t go out of style. For this reason their beauty and warmth boost the look and value of a house when it’s time to put it up for sale.
Becoming familiar with these points, you now have a better understanding on why consumers prefer real wood kitchen cabinets instead of any other variety.